The generous blogger . . .
- Sees her blog as a way to serve.
- Commits to sharing her gifts and talents through her blog regularly.
- Writes posts that are of service to her reader.
- Uses her blog stats to figure out how she can create more posts of value for her reader.
- Writes posts that make her heart sing.
- Is mindful of her time online.
- Is mindful of her reader’s time online.
- Reads other blogs as often as she would like to be read.
- Loves her blog just as it is, and doesn’t compare it with other blogs.
- Is grateful for her readers no matter how many, or few there are.
- Appreciates other blogs as they are, and doesn’t judge.
- Mentors new bloggers.
- Practices “link love” weekly.
- Leaves love notes in other blogs’ comments.
- Shines a spotlight on other people’s work through interviews, profiles, guest posts, and mentions.
- Writes about others as she would like to be written about.
- Makes it easy for readers to subscribe to her blog.
- Makes it easy for readers to share her posts with other people who might need them.
- Understands that marketing is also a form of service. It helps people who need her blog to find it.
- Knows how much to give, to receive, and to keep for herself.
What do you think it means to be a generous blogger? Why is (or isn’t) it important to be generous online?
Download a PDF of The Generous Blogger.
The next session of the Juicy Blogging E-Course: The Art & Play of Blogging is October 3-31, 2016. Earlybird pricing ends September 22nd.
The Generous Blogger poster created for me by the hubs.
This post originally appeared on my first blog, Have Fun, Do Good, in 2011.